A Letter to the Students of CHS

Nicole Alexander

Nicole Alexander, Student Council President

Dear Students of Clifton High School,

I know there are no words that can describe how you are all feeling. COVID-19 has not only taken over our school year but our lives. Whether you’re a freshman, a sophomore, a junior, or a senior, you’re allowed to be upset. You’re allowed to be upset that this virus may have taken away your spring sports season or your junior prom. You’re allowed to believe that it is unfair that you won’t get to have a typical high school experience. You’re allowed to be angry that people are dying every day and there seems to be no solution. Or that your parents, aunts, uncles, or friends are working every day, putting their lives at risk, while not everyone is taking this virus seriously. But I encourage you to take a step back and look at the community that surrounds you. We are all going through this together. So, talk to someone you’ve never talked to before or a friend that you may have lost touch with because, in the chaos that is our everyday lives, we forget the importance of connecting with the people around us. I encourage you to make the best of this situation by utilizing your abundance of free time. Spend this time with your family. Spend this time bettering yourself or your mental health. Spend this time catching up on the sleep that you’ve been deprived of since the moment you stepped into high school. This will not be easy, but it will be easier if we rely on each other. Your parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators are here for you. In the face of adversity, we must remain strong as a community. Every single part of the Clifton community is rooting for you and your success in these uncertain times. 

Keep your heads up. We will get through this together.

Sincerely your Student Council President,

Nicole Alexander