Kiwi Bots Food Delivery Service

Jerett de Guzman, Staff Writer

A lot of college students enjoy using food delivery services like UberEats and DoorDash to satisfy their hunger. As society quickly shifts to robotic/autonomous services and installments, food delivery services will follow that change. You now have Kiwibot, a recent, innovative and autonomous food delivery service that is popular amongst colleges and universities.” KiwiBot is a cheaper, faster and more reliable food delivery service than current ones.

Kiwibot’s first priority is “to ensure products arrive to customers safely and as quickly as possible. Kiwibot was able to cut down their delivery time average to “27 minutes,” this is “faster than the 65% human deliverers” that take around 25+ minutes to deliver your food.

Kiwi RestaurantBot, one called the Kiwi Trike

The reason why this service is quicker is the delivery is split into three parts, a Kiwi RestarauntBot that holds the orders in the restaurant, a semi-automated Kiwi Trike (operated by a human) that stores the Kiwi Bots and dozens of orders, and finally the Kiwi Bot that gets deployed by the Kiwi Trike and travels the last mile to the consumer. It’s currently “cheaper than using human couriers, and the companies have control of the delivery.”

Not only that but the delivery fee for Kiwi Bots is much cheaper than most traditional services. The delivery fee for KiwiBot is “$2.80 per delivery” while most dominating services like UberEats have delivery fees and service fees that total up to around $4.00 or more. Also frequent users of this KiwiBot service have the option to upgrade to the Prime account where you pay “$15 a month for unlimited use.”

Mr. Iatsenia, Kiwi’s product chief found it inefficient that “DoorDash and Uber Eats use two-ton Hondas that deliver a small container of hummus.” To prove it’s efficiency, the Kiwi bot was made small so it wouldn’t take up a lot of the sidewalk. The Kiwi Bot is also cheaper and more controlled compared to human delivery.

This service will be a more sustainable business than a car because paying back its cost is way cheaper and more efficient than a “a system that’s $40k” that requires “significantly more orders to return the cost of capital of hardware.” The price to engineer one Kiwi Bot is under $4,000 and can be easily lowered as time passes. 

Before the Kiwi Bot delivers its encased food to you, it greets you with a digital smile and heads off delivering to more hungry students.