• September 5or drop by N115 to speak to her

• September 5Want to write for The Hub? Please send your work to Ms. Miller-Hamilton at [email protected]

Misty Copeland

Akefia Morgan

Misty Copeland is on her way to becoming one of the most influential dancers in American History. By breaking boundaries since was young she has proven her worth to this generation. If you have no clue who this woman is, let me enlighten you. Misty Copeland is the first African American woman to become a principal dancer at the  American Ballet Theater (ABT). Principal Dancer is the highest accomplishment of any professional dance company; becoming one takes tremendous skill and knowledge of dance . They are the stars of the ballet

Misty has been dancing since way before ballet was even a thought in her  mind. She was ushered to join ballet by her middle school drill team captain. Thus, at the age of 13, a ballerina was born. When she first started out she was en pointe in only 3 months 

Misty wants to help alter our idea of what a ballerina is and what they look like. She’s proud of her accomplishments and will strive to make herself known. She has made history and is proud to be a role model for children of all races to see that not all ballerinas must look the same .You can see Misty in action in  Disney’s new movie “The Nutcracker and The Four Realms”