Advice From A Senior

Advice From A Senior

When I first entered Clifton High School I was terrified and confused. I was the low man on the totem pole in a school of over three thousand, after just getting out of a school of 120 people. If you’re in the position where you feel completely lost and scared, I’m here to tell you that it’s alright and, trust me when I say, you’re not alone.

High School is a very hectic time for anyone, especially for those who are new to it. There’s a plethora of things to be confused or worried about, but as a senior I have some advice for all of you, even the upperclassmen. Something I would’ve loved to hear as an underclassman is not to stress about one bad grade. One bad grade won’t ruin your life or your chances of getting into your dream school. You only get to go through high school once and if you do nothing but stress,  you’ll regret it in the end. That being said, do not go slacking off either. In the end, when you’re applying to colleges your grades from earlier years do matter and you don’t want to be sitting there, a week before your application is due, regretting your 73 in Chemistry.

Another piece of advice I wish I was told when starting high school was  to get involved as a freshman. Join any clubs and any sports that interest you, I’m almost positive you’ll find one you fit into. These clubs and sports can benefit you in many ways, like helping you figure out what you want to do in the future, finding a new passion, making new friends and memories.High School is not just good grades and studying. So take it easy! Participate in different things, and go make some memories.