Spirit Week 2018

Back to Article
Back to Article

Spirit Week 2018

Ilona Soltys, Editor

As the homecoming game rolled around the corner, the student section began their “Friday Night Lights”  preparations Monday morning by kicking off Spirit Week. Students of all grades were eager to participate and show their Mustang Pride! Monday started off with Mismatch Monday, where students wore things from crocs of different colors all the way to jean-shorts-hybrids. On Tuesday morning, everyone was seeing double! Students roamed the hallways dressed in matching attire with their best friends. Way Back Wednesday was like teleporting onto the set of ‘Clueless’ and merging it with snippets of 60s Peace and Love. Thursday was a myriad of every known football jersey on the East Coast and beyond. Finally as Friday showed its face, the hallways filled with maroon football jerseys, cheer skirts, and pompoms. The students showed off their Mustang pride by wearing their favorite apparel, from Clifton Athletics hoodies, to Powderpuff tees, all the way to conference and varsity jackets. The day ended with the annual homecoming pep-rally, and as students poured out of the exits, they counted down the minutes to the tension filled football game versus Eastside they we’ve been waiting for all week.