• September 5or drop by N115 to speak to her

• September 5Want to write for The Hub? Please send your work to Ms. Miller-Hamilton at [email protected]

Living Fearless

Serena Helwani, Staff Writer

Freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors, each grade level is at a different stage. Entering high school for freshmen is new and unfamiliar, and they are quickly thrown into the high school scene without much preparation. Sophomores are at the point where they need to begin to take things a little more seriously, as they are one year away from junior year. Junior year is perhaps the first year of high school that begins to feel a little scary. This is the year for SATS, beginning to think about colleges, and it is the year that colleges look at the most. Seniors, I’m sure we can all agree that as much as people say this is the most stress free year, it is not. It is the year of decisions and figuring out where you’re going after all this is finally over. Regardless of what year of high school you’re in, at each grade level you are faced with new experiences, challenges, and growth as an individual.

Each year you are faced with decision. Whether you’re a freshman and questioning who you want to be throughout high school, a sophomore finally comfortable and discovering which clubs and classes you’re interested in, a junior who is starting to become serious about grades and SAT scores as well as determining what type of schools you’re interested in, or a senior concluding their high school experience, none of these stages are easy. That’s why it is so important to face each and every year with a fearless, confident attitude. You simply have to. You can not make decisions with an apprehensive attitude, and you should never question where your heart takes you. No matter what each year of high school throws at you, just know that each twist and turn, each downfall, or alternatively each positive outcome is shaping you into who you are meant to be. It’s okay to take life seriously, but never take it too seriously. Now is your time, don’t waste it. Take all of this from a senior who has always questioned herself a little too much in everything she’s ever done, always do what you feel is right and never look back.