• January 5or drop by N115 to speak to her

• January 5Want to write for The Hub? Please send your work to Mrs. Miller-Hamilton at [email protected]

Do You Have Hope for the Future?

Stephany Jaramillo

More stories from Stephany Jaramillo

The fear of failure has always plagued our society, yet without a precise definition of failure, it’s left up to the interpretation of the individual person. Coming from someone who was taught the value of education and instilled that “the better you do in school the better off you will be in the future”, failure would implicate being “broke”, being unable to find employment. Yet to others, with future aspirations of creating a family, failure would entail a lack of significant other. Whatever one’s aspiration for themselves and future are, the question remains. Should we be fearful, or something completely different: Should we be hopeful?

Optimistically, we would all like to be hopeful for the future. However in reality, we’re not. As a society we have become so hypocritical about our image, perceptions, and ability to conform to the social norms. This has inevitably led to people lacking confidence in their abilities, always second guessing our answers on a test, downplaying our successes, and being blind to the full effects of their actions.

Fear for the future is bigger than just your capabilities, because it can always be affected by external factors. Take for instance someone applying to college, the difference between whether they are ethnically diverse or white can be the deciding factor of their acceptance. For children who are Dreamers, DACA members, or undocumented, they have had their future already determined by our current political administration. They fear how other changes can potentially limit their ability to succeed.

Fear of “endless possibilities” and “maybes” may seem foolish, but it’s understandable. Humans naturally fear what we have no control over, but that does not mean that we should let fear dictate our lives. A unknown author stated “Never let your fear decide your future.” While the future may seem scary and unboutbally containing failures, one must always stay hopeful. Everyone should stay confident of their abilities, and never let apprehension undermine their decisions.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Do You Have Hope for the Future?”

1. Anon or I will be disciplined for the truth on February 8th, 2018 10:07 am

“Take for instance someone applying to college, the difference between whether they are ethnically diverse or white can be the deciding factor of their acceptance. For children who are Dreamers, DACA members, or undocumented, they have had their future already determined by our current political administration. They fear how other changes can potentially limit their ability to succeed.” This statement is do wildly inaccurate it surprises me how this article was cleared to be posted. There is no such thing as white and “ethnically diverse” there is white, black, hispanic, etc… but you go ahead and blindly go along with the false mainstream that anything besides white = diversity. As for DACA members their fate should have been decided when there parents illegally brought them to a foreign nation expecting our education and programs but an administration that is only concerned about the future citizens these people will create and there loyal votes for the Democrat party gives them amnesty for that sole reason, aka the Obama administration. Even this administration is willing to negotiate DACA but you go ahead and say the odds are against them. Don’t bring opinions into this.
    -A sophomore student in CHS

[Reply]

Marvin Urias Reply:

This is an opinion piece…

[Reply]

• Do You Have Hope for the Future?

Blogs

Down to Chill?

• Do You Have Hope for the Future?

Blogs

Why Insurance Isn’t The Worst

• Do You Have Hope for the Future?

Blogs

How To Handle Senioritis

• Do You Have Hope for the Future?

Opinion

Can Gaming be a Sport?

• Do You Have Hope for the Future?

Opinion

The Unknown Ocean

• Do You Have Hope for the Future?

Blogs

Growing Apart

• Do You Have Hope for the Future?

Opinion

Aliens are out There

• Opinion

Students and Earbuds

• Do You Have Hope for the Future?

Opinion

Working Teenagers

• Do You Have Hope for the Future?

Opinion

Humanities Are More Important Than STEM Classes

Do You Have Hope for the Future?