• January 5or drop by N115 to speak to her

• January 5Want to write for The Hub? Please send your work to Mrs. Miller-Hamilton at [email protected]

Dear Miss Nancy,

Dear Miss Nancy,

I have had an on/off “thing” with this guy for about three years. He and I keep stumbling onto each other’s paths at the worst time, and still haven’t gotten the chance to even try to make it work, but the feelings are, and always will be there. What should I do?

Hey Honey,

Wow. This sounds sticky!  If your situation with this guy is still there, I think that means you have to give it a shot at some point. You wouldn’t be going back and forth for three years if there was nothing there. You said it yourself, you guys haven’t even given it a shot yet. How are you supposed to know if it would work if you never try? Talk to this guy. Tell him if he really cares about you that it’s time to start putting work into this relationship. If he isn’t willing to really show some effort, at least now you know to drop this situation. But, don’t blow out the flame before you’ve even lit the candle.

XOXO – Nancy

Dear Miss Nancy,

How do I handle the stress of junior year?

From, Anonymous

Hey Honey!

Ms. Nancy here! Just know, it gets better. Coming from personal experience, junior year is absolutely not easy, so your stress is understandable. But, if you can manage to stay organized, keep your grades up, plan standardized tests accordingly, all while keeping a positive outlook, you’ll be perfectly fine. This stress is not forever. Keep a calendar marked with any important dates and an agenda with all your assignments marked. Make sure you’re averaging at least 8-10 hours of sleep a night. You’ll be okay honey! Take care!

XOXO – Nancy

Dear Ms. Nancy,

Is true love possible at our age?

Dear Anonymous,

Coming from a home where my parents fell in love at the age of 16 I  do believe true love is possible at our age. I believe when you find the right person you know. I do although think it’s rare to find love at this age, because you are still learning to love yourself which is the most important love, self-love. Finding true love at this age is rare and incredible being with your best friend is amazing so if you are in love hold onto it!

XOXO – Nancy

Dear Ms. Nancy,

I just got a new job and I feel like senior year is so expensive and I don’t want to blow my paycheck, how do I save my money?

Dear Anonymous, I think going through high school and being this age saving money can be difficult. When thinking about buying things ask if yourself if you truly need it?  How often would you use the purchase? Also when you get paid try to at least put aside some of your paycheck so you can have some money on the side that you shouldn’t touch. Budget yourself when going out to shop so you don’t use it all and have a good idea as to how much you plan on spending. Also set little goals for yourself to achieve. Hopefully you can start saving up!

XOXO – Nancy