• January 5or drop by N115 to speak to her

• January 5Want to write for The Hub? Please send your work to Mrs. Miller-Hamilton at [email protected]

Aliens are out There

Amanda Costa

There has been talk of extraterrestrial beings for ages.  Some people are set on the belief that aliens are out there and plotting against us.  It seems that almost everyone is quick to blame something that they can not comprehend on aliens.  For example, how did the Egyptians build the pyramids? Aliens! Why are there so many disappearances in the Bermuda Triangle? Aliens duhh! Although there has never been definitive proof of aliens, there has been a lot of people who have captured photos and videos of alien sightings in the distance and claim to have seen UFOs flying above us.  

One of the most famous UFO sightings was in Roswell, New Mexico.  One morning in 1947, a farmer woke up to a mess of metallic sticks held together with tape, chunks of plastic and foil reflectors and scraps of heavy, glossy paper-like material.  Farmer Mac Brazel, called the sheriff to get to the bottom of this. The strange objects found were suspected not to be from Earth, but from outer space. Soon enough, news broke out that a flying saucer was spotted and pictures of it were all over the newspapers.  Air Force officials claimed that it was a crashed weather balloon that was spotted, however, anybody looking at the picture could see that this thing was not a weather balloon; nice try Obama.

Coming back to the present and we already have an alien sighting in 2018!  These aliens just don’t quit do they? Anyway, buckle your seatbelts because this one is pretty weird.  This sighting took place in Mexico where a man saw what appears to be an alien in the sky. That’s right, in the sky.  He started recording it and in the video it looked like a person walking on air in the distance. How these aliens unlocked the science to defy gravity, I cannot answer.  However, the video is fun and interesting to watch and will make you question the existence of aliens.

Scientists can agree that from what we know about the universe, it is about 93 billion light years in diameter (aka GINORMOUS).  Knowing this fact, thinking that we are the only superior species in the world is a little too close-minded. We need to be more observant of our surroundings then, maybe we can make a lot of new discoveries.  We don’t know everything that goes on in the world and we most likely never will, however, if we strive to explore and keep an open-mind, we will most likely find more hidden truths in this vast universe we live in.  Anything is possible and nothing is ever for certain in this world. With that being said, let’s keep our eyes peeled for the unexpected and make sure we have welcome baskets for the aliens next time they come down for a visit.