• January 5or drop by N115 to speak to her

• January 5Want to write for The Hub? Please send your work to Mrs. Miller-Hamilton at [email protected]

Clifton Indoor Track – Boys and Girls County Champs

Krunal Rana, Staff Writer

“Let’s put some hay in the barn!” says Michael Rogers, the head coach of both the teams as they begin their practice.

Clifton Indoor Track and Field boys and girls team attended Monday’s Passaic County Indoor Track Championship with one goal on their mind. It was to give their all and\ win the meet. They did achieve their goal, with the girls scoring a record 145.5 points, beating Passaic Tech by more than 50 points and the boys defeating the Bulldogs, 82-62. This wouldn’t have been possible without the stars Kevin Heredia, who won three gold medals, Max Dubac who was right behind Kevin, and Joshua Szabo, who as a sophomore is putting up great marks. Also, Jordan Laceste, who broke his personal best in the pole vault. Not to forget the throwers, Luis Zorrilla, who placed second in shot put, right behind his fellow teammate Sunny Ruiz.

On the girls team, Alenys Morales, who put together one of the greatest individual meets in county history, winning four events. First she won the 55 hurdles in 8.73 seconds, then she took the 400 in 59.46 seconds, another personal best. Her long jump of 16-10 was well off her best in that event, and then she capped her night with a meet record 25.83 seconds in the 200, a third personal best for the evening. Andrea Dubbels, a sophomore also had very impressive wins in the 1,600 and 3,200 and a second best in the 800, all personal bests. Although the stars did their job, it all wouldn’t have been possible without the rest of the team.

On the boys side Jordan Witter, Brian Lipari, Takashi Yuasa, Julian Szetela, Krunal Rana, and Omar Alsujaihah, got the job they were assigned done and earned points for the team. On the girls side, Sarah Adams, Samantha Rozon, Hadeel Alsujaihah, Mia Dubac, May Yuasa, and Leandra Nieves were also key to the girls’ victory. The unity of both the girls and boys indoor track team is what keeps them thriving and winning meets. Not to forget the hard work they put in every single day.