• January 5or drop by N115 to speak to her

• January 5Want to write for The Hub? Please send your work to Mrs. Miller-Hamilton at [email protected]

5 Things to Do On a Cold Day

Jayleen De La Cruz, Staff Writer

With the below freezing weather that has plagued New Jersey, many do not feel like going out in these harsh conditions. Instead, some of us prefer to lounge around at home watching Netflix. However, after re-watching several shows over and over again it can become boring and tiresome. Therefore, I have decided to come up with 5 things to do once sleeping and Netflix  becomes boring.

1. Popcorn and Movie Marathon

Although nowadays many people do not go into their living room to find a DVD to watch, most people go to their laptops and open Netflix. However, after watching the same shows over and over again it can become boring. Therefore, the perfect thing to do on a winter day is to pop up some popcorn and get comfy on the couch and watch your favorite movie(s).

1. Bake Something

When you’re stuck inside, especially during cold winter days,  warm chocolate chip cookies straight out the oven can really complete your day at home. Therefore, during your day at home try to make some good, old fashioned chocolate chip cookies. Don’t be afraid to try new recipes and get away from the norm. With the internet at your disposal, I am sure you will find the perfect recipe.

1. Build a Fort

Tap into your inner child on a cold day. Transform your living room into a fun fort using chairs and blankets to make a cozy little spot for yourself. In the fort you can enjoy your movie with a warm cup of tea or coffee at hand.

1. Take a Bath

With the stress that school can bring at times the best thing to do on a cold day is to take a warm bath. Being able to relax and stay in a bath for a while can relieve some stress and clear your mind. Therefore I recommend you to get your bubble bath and bath bombs ready. To make the bath even more relaxing add music, candles, a nice book, or beverage. However, if you don’t have a bathtub you can also stay in the shower for a longer time and allow the warm water to soothe your body.  

1. Read a Good book

When was the last time you were able to read a book of your own choosing? A long time, I know! Don’t you wish you had time to actually read a book without Shmooping it or Spark Noting it? Now is the time to do it!  That’s why I recommend you to curl up with a good book on the couch, by the fire, or next to a space heater, while the winter weather keeps you inside.

1 Comment

One Response to “5 Things to Do On a Cold Day”

1. Person_Who_Doesn't_Know_What_To_Do_On_A_Cold_Day_3123 on February 2nd, 2018 8:41 pm

Thank you so much

[Reply]

• 5 Things to Do On a Cold Day

Helpful Resources

9 Tips for Taking Standardized Tests!

• 5 Things to Do On a Cold Day

Student Life

Living Fearless

• 5 Things to Do On a Cold Day

Current Events

Students For Changes

• 5 Things to Do On a Cold Day

Current Events

Remembering the 17

• 5 Things to Do On a Cold Day

Ms. Nancy's Advice

Dear Miss Nancy,

• 5 Things to Do On a Cold Day

Helpful Resources

How to Stay Motivated

• 5 Things to Do On a Cold Day

Helpful Resources

How to Ace Your Permit Test!

• Student Life

Spotlight: Carmina Senosin

• 5 Things to Do On a Cold Day

Helpful Resources

Empowering Our Peers

• 5 Things to Do On a Cold Day

Student Life

How to Deal With School Stress

5 Things to Do On a Cold Day