10 Questions with a Staff Member: Mr. Burns
Outside of just being a Physics Teacher, and Club advisor for the Frisbee Club, along with the Physics Club, Mr. Burns is one of the reasons why Clifton High School is so wonderful. Students mention how they “love his class” and that he’s an amazing teacher ,but “the content is just hard.” As complicated as Physics might be, Mr. Burn’s answers are short and sweet!
1) Which Hogwarts house would you be sorted into?
When I took the test, I was categorized as a Slytherin.
2) How would you want to change the world?
To create an educational system that could resonate with at least 80% of the student population.
3) What is your biggest pet peeve?
Not valuing another person’s time.
4) What makes you cringe?
When people are not aware of how uncomfortable they are making other people.
5) What would students be surprised to find out about you?
I write poetry on a weekly or monthly basis.
6) What current trends of pop culture confuse you?
Why people wear earrings in their nose that makes them look like cows.
7) Is there one song you know all the lyrics to?
Maroon 5 “Won’t Go Home Without You”.
8) How prepared would you be for a zombie apocalypse?
I figure if I can run faster than the person next to me I will be fine, so I think I will be fine.
9) What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever worn?
Once when I was teaching I ripped the back side of my pants and wore a lab coat the rest of the school day.
10) Have you ever cried at a film? If so, which one?
I cried during “Wicked” on Broadway when the actors sang “For Good”.