• January 5or drop by N115 to speak to her

• January 5Want to write for The Hub? Please send your work to Mrs. Miller-Hamilton at [email protected]

Black Mirror Review

Amanda Costa, Staff Writer, Professional Binge-Watcher

Netflix’s Original, “Black Mirror” is a unique, popular sci-fi, thriller that toys with your mind and perspective and leaves you questioning life after watching an episode. Each episode tells a new story that is completely different from the last, so, you don’t need to watch the episodes in any particular order; the choice is yours.  However, what threads the episodes together, is the constant theme of new and dangerous technology.  The show tries to alert the watchers of technology’s greatness and potential danger.  Most episodes are dark, chilling and will leave you scared with the thought of the events portrayed coming to life. Each of the episodes contains different measures of depth and emotions.  Some episodes leave you appalled with your jaw open, while others have you bawling reaching for tissues or shaking your head at the TV screaming “I TOLD YOU SO!”

Black Mirror is a relatively short compared to other shows on Netflix.  Altogether it has a total of 19 episodes, which is small compared to other series. This can be a bummer for some, because once you get attached to a show and soar through all the episodes you get that  “Well what do I do with my life now?” feeling.  However, the episodes vary in length some being a little below or over an hour.  This can be a plus because if you don’t have much time on your hands but want to watch a movie, one of these episodes will serve that purpose; they’re just like little movies.  However, since each episode is different, some episodes might be more appealing to you than others.  You can go online and look up all the episodes ranked from best to least best to help you decide which episode you’re in the mood for.  Season four was just released not long ago, adding 6 more episodes to binge watch.  Overall it’s a crazy, spooky show that everyone should give a shot, I most definitely recommend it.